Wednesday 17 October 2012

Crackers

I can't believe I have been buying expensive not so healthy crackers when these are so easy to make. After my girls sat down to eating a plate of these with some hommus, I later caught them stealing a few more from the baking tray...so I'm guessing they like them!!

70 g warm water 

70 g olive oil
250 g wholemeal Bakers Flour
10g Chia seeds
10g Linseeds
2 sprigs fresh rosemary, remove sticks
1 tsp sea salt 

Preheat oven to 180ºC 
Place water and oil into TMX bowl and warm 
80ºC/ Speed 1 / 1 min


Add remaining ingredients and blend
10 secs / Speed 7

Tip into a bowl and scrunch into a ball to form a soft dough
Wrap and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
Divide into thirds and roll out each ball of dough as thinly as possible. Side onto a flat baking tray.      
Use a pizza cutter to score the dough
Bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until crisp.
Turn off oven and break into crackers into pieces. Return to oven to completely dry out.

2 comments:

  1. I made rice crackers with leftover cooked brown rice the other day. Very easy- I'll post when I'm back from HK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely would love that recipe

    ReplyDelete